I have made marshmallows numerous times with several different recipes. This one has come out the best for me. They are tender and delicious...I need to hide them from myself. I dipped some of them in melted bittersweet chocolate, but the kids(and the big kids) ate them all before I could get a picture. Besides...I love the look of them like all white marshmallowy pillows just waiting to get dropped into a cup of steaming hot cocoa....not too shabby. It was 8*F here this morning. Pretty chilly!
This one is adapted from Martha Stewart...
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups equal parts confectioners' sugar and cornstarch