Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

These are also a recipe from my friend Ernie....they do not disappoint! I also baked these for my son's confirmation on Saturday...not one left!
I did not have orange oil so I used
Fiori Di Sicilia that I ordered from King Arthur Flour. It is a
wonderful combination of vanilla and orange flavor all rolled into one. I really liked it.
Ernie has made thousands of these wonderful biscotti, she is famous for them...I can see why!
Thanks Ernie!

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

3 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
grated zest of 1 orange
1/2 teaspoon orange oil
1 cup shelled pistachios
1 cup dried cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees(F.) Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the orange zest and orange oil.
4. With mixer on low speed, gradually stir in the flour mixture until smooth, then stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
5. Divide the dough into thirds. Shape each piece into a 12 inch log. Place two logs on one sheet(apart) and the other in the middle of the other cookie sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the logs turn a light golden color and are somewhat firm to the touch. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and reduce oven to 300 degrees.
Let cool about 15 minutes, then using a serrated knife(careful Annie!) slice diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place upright on cookie sheets and bake for about 20 minutes, until dry and lightly golden. Let cool on rack, enjoy!
Makes about 3-4 dozen biscotti

4 comments:

  1. Another keeper..Funny if you say it's good..I agree:) I love biscotti,, their name..their look..their taste..
    Ernie sounds like a keeper too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Monique!
    If you love orange these are for you!
    And they are so easy...not too much butter or sugar...
    She is a dear friend...an internet friend that I met in real life, she sure is a keeper!
    L~xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made biscotti in ages. You've reminded me how much I like them. Orange oil...very interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE biscotti! And I love the combination of cranberry and pistachio. These look really awesome. I need to make them soon! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete