Monday, October 13, 2008

The day before the Hunters Moon....

It seems that fall has come rather quickly here in Northern New Jersey. After a light frost last week, today was a true Indian Summer Day. It was almost 80* today, but the mornings and nights are cool...we sleep with the windows open and snuggle under our quilts. The down comforters will come out in the next few weeks.

Photobucket

I walked around my yard today looking for signs of fall.....

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


There is one last bloom on the butterfly bush.....

Photobucket


I love the Autumn colors of the Hydrangeas...they were a beautiful blue in summer and now they are green and burgundy...

Photobucket

The Lace Caps have a fabulous vivid color....the deer have stripped them of almost all their leaves in the last few days...This was the first time I have had flowers
on these in seven years, I hope they return next year. This year they were like a gift.

Photobucket


These Mop Heads gave me many flowers this year and they were a wonderful Periwinkle Blue...I love the way they look now....

Photobucket


In a month or so when this bush loses its leaves...the branches are covered with beautiful red berries. The birds love them...the Cardinals and Blue Jays eat them all winter. They look beautiful against the first snow.

Photobucket


I guess I finally have to accept that summer is gone....there are still the last of the heirloom tomatoes, jersey tomatoes at the Farmers Market...the last of the sweet as sugar Jersey corn....for another week or two....

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely autumn tour of your colorful yard; the hydrangeas and berries, the turning leaves ~ what a treat to see each of them.
    Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete